Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A smidgen like jail. But, I LOVE it!

6 March 2015

Hello world!
Mtc life is seriously different. I forget that there is an outside world haha. I have been keeping busy, lots of classroom time and role playing going on. I have a super sweet companion her name is sister Woodward she is from ogden and she is so motivated. Its nice to have an enthusiastic companion. We leave to Louisiana March 17th. Best Saint Patty's day ever! It was really special to receive my name tag and all my information, it really made everything official. I am a missionary!! No better work to be done. Its amazing how much my faith has grown already!

I have a small district and we are the only ones in our zone. There are 4 elders, Stimson, Armstrong, Harman, and Theilen. They are very nice and enjoyable to be in class with. For sisters it is Sister Woodward and I and then Sister Shaffer and Sister Miller. Sister Woodward and I were called to be the branch music coordinators. Yay for us. :) We got to meet our Branch presidency yesterday and they are just awesome. Pres. Schmults, Brother Howden and Brother Monson. He is Pres. Monson's nephew he is incredible. Then they interviewed us to see how we were doing and he told me that him and I were just alike, kindred spirits. Its busy here but very spiritual it is a pleasant experience but I'm just dying to get to Louisiana. I now understand why Skyler said he felt like he was in jail haha. A lovely jail just kinda stuck. But I guess I wouldn't want to be stuck anywhere else.

I have really cute teachers who make it so much less intimidating to teach because they are returned sister missionaries. But there isnt a whole lot to fill you in on because we are doing roughly the same thing everyday so far! I look forward to the temple trip that will be a dream come true! Last night I was able to bear my testimony in our Branch meeting it felt so right and it was so fulfilling to hear everyone else in my district as well. I am grateful for the people that I was put with to learn from, heavenly father knew exactly where to place me. I can feel his hand in my life as a missionary already on day three. I know my Redeemer lives and loves me and just sends me the greatest feelings of peace. Gotta love it, He always knows what I need.

I hope you guys are well. You are on my mind, but I promise I'm not homesick :) Keep me updated, I am loving the dear elders they make me feel so close to you. I love my family so much you guys make everything possible.

Have an amazing week you guys.

Love, Sister Macey Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment