Friday, April 10, 2015

I'm so glad we have a car!

This week was so good y'all. I am surely thriving down here. My first Sunday was good... but the second one was way better. We have a tiny branch :) But they sure know how to throw a linger longer!

Tuesday: We had a great day of tracting and then to top it off we had the most incredible dinner ever made by Sister Rayborn. She is from Salt Lake and her husband from here. She made Ham, funeral potatoes, and delicious salad! We were so stuffed! Then we met with Jimmie an investigator after and we were practically miserable thanks to our food babies.
Wednesday: Tracting... Hola!! The best we were walking around met some nice people and then it hit me!! I was going to wet my pants and there was nothing I could do about it! We were a ways from our car so we speed walked over to Ralph Stephanie and Jimmie's house and I asked if I could use there bathroom hahaha All Ralph said was "Honey, I've been there before." Then we went out and continued tracting. Then we went to the church building to practice the song we were going to sing with the Culotta sisters. Then we met with our darling Ms. Kathy. She is just the grandest of everything. We love her so much. She is the first person I have come to love on my mission and I can see her through God's eyes. She is splendid! She made us chip dip to snack on throughout the lesson and it was so good and basically straight sour cream.... not cool... dipping my chips in fat!
Thursday: WE volunteered at the food bank which is super fun with the elders :) Then we went back to Ms. Renea's house and met with her. We walked in chatted and then asked her if she had read the restoration pamphlet we had left with her last week when we had tracted into her. She said she had and she believes it is true! Sister Smith and I looked at each other like did we give her the right pamphlet haha because no one reacts to it like that at first! I love her already. We had a wonderful lesson on the restoration, it is the perfect time to teach it with conference this weekend! She said she would watch it and pray if there is a prophettoday. She is amazing! WE had several other lessons but this was the highlight one for the day!
Friday: We went to Ms. Renea's mom's house, she is packing away her things because she died a couple months ago. She gave us so many clothes! We are excited to try them ontoday :) SHe is sweet and very receptive of our help. She couldn't believe that we were willing to come on over and help her randomly. It meant the world to me to be able to serve her though. We left from there and went to the ol' folks home and helped out with some bingo! It is so great to spend time with them. One lady gave me a dollar and asked if I would get her a coke. So I did and come to find out she can't have normal drinks because she chokes on them. I had an anxiety attack while my companion laughed her head off because she did the same thing her first day! Ms. Shirley can always get a cold pop off the new ones. We met with Ms. Kathy and brought her pumpkin cake in payment for the chips and dip. She liked it :) We brought Sister Watkins who is a member in the branch who is practically the same age (60's) and lives on the same street. They got along very well. Our lesson went well, and once again I LOVE MY MS. KATHY!! At the end of the lesson she brought out a grocery bag filled with first aid stuff, tums, band aids, motrin, cotton balls. Mama she is the answer to you and daddy's prayers. We tell her that all the time!
Saturday: Sister Smith and I manned the cupcake decorating party table at the Culotta's house. They through a huge Easter primary party. He is the branch president and she is the primary president! They are the best! They have two daughters who just returned from missions, Kailiegh and Kelsey. We love them :) But our branch is so small that they are assigned in our branch they live in Liberty which is about 20 miles away. The party was way fun and exhausting! After that we went to Ms. Renea's again helped pack up more of her mama's house and then met with several others. Then we went to the Dunaways for dinner and women's broadcast. Dang if that doesn't make you homesick for your mama I'm not sure what would! But I thoroughly enjoyed it and they gave me chocolate which cured my sad feelings :)  Love you my sweet mama. They said in it that "You cant not remember God and forget your mama, and you cant not remember your mama and forget God." So true mama God is present in everything you have taught me!
Sunday: President Hansen came to our Branch. Sister Hansen was sick so he asked us to bear our testimonies. So two weeks in a row I've spoke :) We taught primary and they were little angels this week. It went really well! Loved it. Then we had a linger longer and you would have guessed they we cooking for 100 people when there were only about 40 people there! It was so stinking heavenly and we ate outside and enjoyed the sunny day. It was 81 yesterday. The Elders called us and asked if they could have the car for the day... so we gave it to them and biked... very interesting! It was fun but boy are those helmets fun. I feel like people are more responsive when we ride up sweaty and panting telling them we are missionaries and have a very important message about Jesus Christ that we want to share with anyone who will listen! They take the pamphlet :)
I love being a missionary! I know the church is true, but more importantly I know that Jesus Christ established it. This is his work. I wear a name badge that holds my families name on it as well as His. He is whom I serve. Which means I am willing to serve anyone! I love all the things that we have been able to do to help people feel of Christ's love. I am grateful for this wonderful time of the year where we can remember our savior and all that he did for us!

I love y'all, have a very blessed week, and be safe!
these are the words that nearly everyone speaks to us as we leave. I love the SOUTH! 
Love Sister Kerr









No comments:

Post a Comment