Wednesday, June 24, 2015

15 June 2015 - It's raining it's pouring and we are not snoring!

I had to say goodbye to Sister Smith! AHHH It was quite sad, she headed off to the Texas border. So we are literally as far apart as possible! Yikes. Tuesday I spent planning Destiny and Amber's baptism for June 13, 2015. I planned the whole thing while Sister Smith packed! It was kinda stressful. But I knew it would work out. I got my Trainee :) Her name is Sister Lanning. She is from San Francisco, CA and really is a doll. We have been working hard to do everything we are supposed to! We had a coordination meeting on Thursday and I always basically get ulcers when we have them because so far my only experience with the Branch mission leader is no matter what I do it isn't enough. It has been very discouraging! But this week we literally worked as hard as possible to accomplish everything he assigned! It seriously melted my heart when he gave me a thumbs up and a wink as he leaned around my new little Greenie to let me know I had done good!
     Things were very overwhelming at first, but now that I have given them to God I know that I can handle this through Him. My weaknesses are made perfect through HIM! My new favorite scripture is 2 Corinthians 12: 8-10. It talks about Paul begging the Lord to take away his struggles. But the Lord's reply was I can make you strong, you have to have struggles so I can do that! I saw how true this really is as I stood knocking on a strangers door feeling completely inadequate knowing that I was going to need to show my companion how to tract. It was so scary but now I know I can do it :) I know I am capable to do all that is needed of me. As we put our minds to work worries dissolve! I was reading a conference talk by Jefferey R Holland and he was talking about how the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are the most prayed for people in the world. I really found strength in that this week. I could feel prayers being answered, I could feel strength that was coming from somewhere other than myself. What an amazing opportunity it is to be able to assist in this great work.
    The Baptism was on Saturday and it went so well! Sister Lanning was pretty excited to have a baptism on the 4th day in the mission field! Those girls are so sweet and so ready! Destiny is 10 and Amber 8, both are considered converts because their parents aren't members. They come to church with a member, Sister Elva, they are her grandson's girlfriends kids. But they have been coming to church for years! It was really cool to be able to participate every step of the way in teaching them and helping them grow to an understanding of why we need baptism and the gist of the Holy Ghost. They received the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting and then in our primary class Amber was glowing! Our lesson happened to be on why its important to be a member of the church. She was so excited to answer every question on baptism and the Holy Ghost. Every few minutes she would say "UHHH I feel it!! I feel it right now!" It was the sweetest thing in the whole world!
      We finally saw Ms. Renee again! She is the one that I tracted into on my first full day in the mission field. She has been sick and in the hospital. I have been praying so hard for her. She is doing better and we went to see her and weren't really sure what was going to come of it. She is a member at the Church of Christ. We retaught the Restoration, which was not what we planned for at all. I just felt like that is what needed to happen. She loved it she said that she knows there is a prophet today! I asked her how she knew and she said it's because she had watched conference and her heart just raced the entire time! We then watched the restoration movie and she said she got that same feeling! Then she went on to tell us that had Sister Smith and I not come and visited her in the hospital she probably wouldn't have given us her time. But she said it was because we loved her and prayed for her when we didn't need to that she listened. And now her heart is prepared! I love this gospel and the change it can make in people!

One more thing to add to the list of crazies: We have now encountered Scabies! Great. Haven't gotten them which is a miracle because we have been at this home once a week for the past 3 months! God loves us! So now I have encountered Lice, Fleas and Scabies all in 3 months. Last night We got home and Sister Lanning smelled her hair and nearly gagged. My only response was " It smells like Mississippi, doesn't it?"

Well sending all my love to my beautiful family! I love each of you so much! Love Sister Kerr



Amber and I


Destiny and I


Cleaning out the font!!


All of us!


First picture with Sister Lanning!


Last picture with Sister Smith!


Crazy story! So Sister Smith and Sister Neeley were MTC Companions Then they trained Sister Woodward and I, Mtc companions. Now Sister Woodward and I are training Sister Langford and Sister Lanning, MTC Compnions! Weird!!

No comments:

Post a Comment