Tuesday, November 17, 2015

9 November 2015 - Glorious Day, Amen.

Yall would be so proud of me... I have been doing Insanity every morning this week. I feel so good but soooo sore haha. The kittens eyes opened this week! 
I am just so having the most amazing time of my life. The Elders had a baptism this week, Keiyanu. He is 18 and they started teaching him when I moved here to Alexandria. So we got to know him pretty good and went over had visited him and his girlfriend, Alexis. She is already a member so she was so excited when he decided to be baptized. But anyways the Elders asked if I would speak on the Holy Ghost at his baptism. It was such a special opportunity and it went so smoothly! When it finished Elder Floyd said "I know God answers prayers!" Haha we all just laughed because it was so hectic preparing for that baptism. We had Drew come to the baptism. She is the one who's husband is returning to activity and she is investigating. The thing she loved the most was how it wasnt a huge production. She loved how it was just a humble event that was so spiritual and focused completely on Keiyanu. We had such an incredible lesson with just Drew at her house on the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. Then later in the week we had a lesson with her and Tyler at the BIshop's house. We taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in doing so we committed her to be baptized on December 5th 2015. It was one of the most spiritual moments I've experienced. As she began to accept joyful tears streamed down her face. We then turned to her loving husband and committed him to prepare to baptize her on that date. He also with tears in his eyes accepted. The Gospel changes people including missionaries! It was so spectacular! Makes all the heartache and disappointment worth it! She came to church this week too. President Hansen taught us this week about the importance of having a spiritual experience at church every week. Which as a missionary is actually incredibly hard because you are so worried about everyone else having a grand experience that you don't focus on the purpose of attending church. So this week I had probably the best and most edifying time at church! As I focused on my Savior and I and felt changes taking place in me I knew that Drew sitting next to me could feel it to as she read the scriptures over my shoulder. It was just so special. So next Sunday focus on the really meaning of the Sacrament and the real meaning of the Savior!
          Then we took an incredible leap with Joseph as we taught him the next commandment that he struggles with. But as he opened up the spirit filled the room and he looked at us with tear filled eyes and told us that he knew what he needed to do! It is amazing how with the spirit commandments become something we want to do rather than a restriction. It is just so great how much God expects of us it is the only thing that is going to get us to grow! :)
God Bless, Sister Kerr


Elder Floyd balancing like a champ.



Bowling!


#Jesus.... spray paint, not window paint.


I forgot my rain coat that night. -_-


Only one of Shadrach's eyes have opened haha


Me, Sister Widdison, Drew and Tyler at the Baptism.


Irma with her Halloween Face on!


Pops with his Halloween teeth in!


Helped pop prep his meat for the smoker at like 7:20 in the morning. We were on exchanges and this was after an intense Insanity workout... Thats right Ive been doing insanity.



No comments:

Post a Comment