Tuesday, July 28, 2015

27 July 2015 - "The white girls are here!"

We are so the minority around here. We were following up with a girl named Ayana, we were bringing her a Book of Mormon and when we knocked we literally heard the 6 year old named Jamie yell after she peeked through the blinds, "The white girls are here!" I just laughed and laughed. Another laugh for y'all is we bought some new dish soap but for some reason when we rinse our dishes it doesn't rinse off! There is a slight residue left on them. It was on our water bottles and tasted awful! But I like said last week not drinking water ISNT an option! So we drank and drank and drank. I finally got the  flavor out of mine by buying a lemonade at wendy's and putting it in there. But I'm not kidding when I say it tasted exactly how cabbage patch doll face smells.... it was way weird. New motto for the week "Palmolive, gentle on the hands tough on the inards." It actually made Sister Lanning sick... she puked one night hahahaha. Probably shouldn't laugh but she is better now.
       Dottie, Bri and now Courtney are all doing great! Bri and Dottie have a baptismal date set for the 15th of August. I am truly so excited for them. They came to the third hour of church yesterday they were aiming for sacrament but their morning went nuts! But they made it to some and had a great time. They also made it to Pioneer day! It was so fun we had all sorts of fun games and activities. Tasha also came to the activity :) The kids had so much fun.
     Ms.Renee came to church! She said whoa that wasn't anything too crazy! I think someone might have told her something and so she was expecting church to be all wacky. Sister Lanning and I sang "Abide with me tis eventide" in sacrament meeting and it actually went very well. I was pretty dang nervous because I really don't have to much musical talent going for me. Ms.Renee said she loved it. She is doing wonderful and continues to grow every time we see her.
        It has been a really good week. I really love McComb and I can't believe it has been nearly 5 months that I have been living here. Mississippi truly has my heart.
       It really is such a privilege to be able to teach these people more about their Savior and God. And how we can serve them through caring for others and keeping the commandments. I use to get nervous when we had to teach people about the word of wisdom because I always thought it would turn people away but I see that as people learn if they are truly prepared they will use it to turn towards God more! I know that all the commandments are so inspired and it makes so much sense. I am grateful for the love that I feel from my God as well as my family. Keep up the good work family :) Love you FOREVER
Sister Kerr


Tasha and Missy with us at pioneer days


The Rayborns in their overalls!


Emari wearing my tag.


so much planning so little time!


Our investigators as pioneers


Sister Lanning and I as pioneers.

No comments:

Post a Comment