Tuesday, May 26, 2015

11 May 2015 - Mother's Day!

So we had some miracles pop out from no where this week! How about Mother's Day! I can't even believe that it was already time to skype home! But that was so fun and rejuvenating! My family is just the BEST.

I got to sing to my Mama, we sang Mother I love you, Mother I do. Heavenly Father has sent me to you. I want to mind you, I want to find you happy and smiling because I love you. Mother I love you, I love you, I do.

This week went so fast! We saw some cool stuff too. Last week we were struggling to get our investigators to read the Book of Mormon with real intent, but this week every single one of them told us they had been reading and comprehending. I was blown away and so excited for them. One day this week when we were tracting we came across some people who were outside cleaning their car, it ended up being a bunch of teens and they ended up just scattering and then we were just awkwardly standing there haha but anyways we turned to continue up the street and this girl came out of the house that we were walking in front of and she asked what we were sharing today. I told her we had a message about Jesus Christ and she excitedly asked us to come in and share it with her and her husband. We were kind of nervous because we weren't sure what we were getting ourselves into! So we went in anyways and had an amazing lesson with them and had a prayer at the end. It really is amazing how God puts you in the right place at the right time.
          Another miracle was we were having a lesson with Ms. Cathy, the motherly old lady, and we were doing our best to help her understand that the Book of Mormon and Bible support each other and were prophesied through each other. We came across 2 Ne. 29. And I can vividly remember sitting in the Pulaski Ward building in sacrament meeting reading through this chapter. I can remember feeling impressed that I would need to use this chapter on my mission so I highlighted it and then we used one verse out of it to help Ms. Cathy understand the concept from before. Then she said "hold on, I saw the word Bible somewhere on the page and I want to read it." She skimmed and then read aloud verse 10

                  "Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written."
It was so cool because it just clicked in her head, oh my goodness it makes sense! I loved watching this happen! She has prayed about the Book of Mormon and has gotten the answer to keep reading, she is on Mosiah 3. Oh it is so exciting to sit back and watch the personal journey people have to go through with God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it contains what everyone needs, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as does the Bible. I love them both so much. I studied a lot this week about how the stick of Judah and the stick of Ephraim/ Joseph would one day be ONE BOOK. I love it because we have that today. We are some lucky ducks. I love this work and the people involved in it. I have such a great hard working companion and together we will be able to do so much :) We have worked so hard to lay and build the ground work for this area. Now it is time to take off running! I love y'all and appreciate your support and love. Have a blessed week!
Sister Kerr

Oh ya, our car broke down! The office Elders brought us a different one, we are so stinkin grateful too! It was the biggest tender mercy ever.
This is Rufus, he is our guard dog but he smells so bad we were both kinds gagging




No comments:

Post a Comment